The final girl support group, Grady Hendrix.

 The Final girl support group, Grady Hendrix.

⭐⭐⭐ /5

Review in English 🇬🇧

"In horror movies, the final girl is the one who’s left standing when the credits roll. The one who fought back, defeated the killer, and avenged her friends. But after the sirens fade and the audience moves on, what happens to her? Lynnette Tarkington survived a massacre twenty-two years ago, and it has defined every day of her life since. And she’s not alone. For more than a decade she’s been meeting with five other final girls and their therapist in a support group for those who survived the unthinkable. That is until one of the women misses a meeting and Lynnette’s worst fears are realized—someone knows about the group and is determined to take their lives apart again, piece by piece. But the thing about these final girls is that they have each other now, and no matter how bad the odds, how dark the night, how sharp the knife, they will never, ever give up."

🔸

I almoust feel like I should write two reviews of this book: one for the first half which was kind of boring and slow, and one for the other half of the book that had way more action and that was less repetitive. They felt like two different books! As one single book, the first half should be waaaayy shorter, and Lynnette's own story should have been told earlier, because before hearing that I just couldn't understand her at all. But it is what it is, and that is why I only give the book three stars even though I really liked the ending.

🔸

It is hard to tell you too much about this book without giving away the surprises, but I can say that if you like movies like Scream, I know what you did last summer and Halloween, I bet you will like this book too. Just take it easy in the begging and wait for the story to get better, because it does! 

I would also like to add that I really didn't feel that this is a horror book, in my opinion it is a thriller with some horror elements.

🔸

Kommentit

Suositut postaukset