The woman in me, Britney Spears.

 The woman in me, Britney Spears.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This book needs no introductions. It's Britney bitch!

Simply said, I get it now. I get it all. I even get why Britney shaved her head. She was so lost and had no control over anything, that she just did something desperate...

Britney's book is a powerful testimony of a wronged woman finally getting her voice heard. It might not be a literature masterpiece, but its' testimony is important. It shows how Britney, a sweet and talented but also a young and naive girl, was repeatedly abused by the ones who should have loved her unconditionally. It also shows how appallingly our society used to shame women and at the same time let men get away with everything. The change is already happening, thank goodness for that, but there is still a lot of work to do, and this book helps to realize it.

I had to take a lot of breaks while listening to this audiobook, because it broke my heart to hear how Britney had been treated pretty much all her life, man after man. Nevertheless it felt important to hear her story in her own words. I grew up with her music. I am so glad she wrote this book and that she is finally free. I hope she finds happiness. 

Kevin, Britney's dad and Justin, I hope you are all ashamed of yourselves.


Audiobook read by Michelle Williams.

Simon & Schuster 2023.

Kommentit

Suositut postaukset