Pet loss and human emotion. Cheri Barton Ross & Jane Baron-Sorensen.

Pet loss and human emotion. Second Edition. Cheri Barton Ross & Jane Baron-Sorensen.

Mini review in English

The second edition of Pet loss and human emotion is a guide to professionals on how to help their clients through this deep grief that our society still doesn't really understand or acknowledge. Citing several case studies, it describes various techniques for helping clients with their pet loss grief. Although the book is aimed for professionals who need to support their clients, I feel that it also might benefit people dealing with their own grief. That being said I was not aware that it was aimed strongly for professionals when I borrowed it from my local library, but I am still happy I read it.

I found it really touching that the book included a section to people who have lost their animal companion in tragedies, and the whole book is dedicated to the memory of animal victims of hurricane Katrina and 9/11, their human companions and the volunteers who worked hard to save them.

I highly recommend this book for therapists, doctors, nurses, crisis workers and volunteers, and all other people who might find this kind of information helpful. Also animal rescue volunteers should read this book, I find it could really help them take care of their selves. ❤️

Kommentit

Suositut postaukset