Book review: A Flicker in the Dark, Stacy Willingham.

 A Flicker in the Dark, Stacy Willingham.

⭐⭐⭐

Review in 🇬🇧

𝓢𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓶𝓾𝓻𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓱𝓪𝓭 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓹𝓹𝓮𝓭. 

𝓢𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝔀𝓻𝓸𝓷𝓰.

"Chloe Davis’ father is a serial killer. He was convicted and jailed when she was twelve but the bodies of the girls were never found, seemingly lost in the surrounding Louisiana swamps. The case became notorious and Chloe’s family was destroyed.

Now Chloe has rebuilt her life. She’s a respected psychologist in Baton Rouge and has a loving fiancé. But she just can’t shake a tick-tick-tick of paranoia that, at any moment, it might all come crashing down. On the anniversary of her father’s crimes, Chloe is about to see her worst fears come true – a girl she knows goes missing. The nightmare has started again…"

🔸

A flicker in the dark is a good thriller. It unfolds slowly and introduces multiple suspects from the start. At first it is impossible to know who is behind the murders, seems like everyone is a potential killer. As we read further we learn that a) there are a lot of sketchy people in Chloe's life and b) oh boy does Chloe have problems. I really don't understand why the book description says that her life is perfect and this made me feel little weird. 

🔸 

I bought this book because it was described as a horror / thriller, but I would describe it plainly as a thriller. No horror or scary stuff here. But that being said I still liked this. I won't read this again because thrillers like this are pretty much good only once for me (it's the suspense of finding out the killer) but I do recommend this for thriller lovers. I give this book three stars out of five.

🔸



Kommentit

Suositut postaukset